Dysmenorrhea, or pain during menstruation, is normal to some extent. However, severe pain every menstrual cycle might be a symptom of an underlying medical condition. Endometriosis is a disorder where the endometrium grows outside the uterus (normally, this tissue grows inside the uterus). As a result, a person may feel excessive pain during menstruation, sexual intercourse, urination, or bowel movements.
At our specialty pharmacy in Palm Springs, Florida, we have female patients who face the difficult challenges of endometriosis. To give you a glimpse, Palms Pharmacy has prepared this short blog for your perusal.
- AVAILABLE TREATMENTSA doctor will recommend varying treatments based on a patient’s unique case. For one, progesterone vaginal suppositories, mostly made in a compounding pharmacy, may limit the growth of endometrial tissues. Other potential treatments include surgery, hysterectomy, medications, and hormone therapy.
- RISK FACTORSSeveral factors increase one’s chances of developing endometriosis, including:
- Reproductive tract disorder
- Family history of the illness
- Prolonged menstrual periods (longer than seven days)
- No history of giving birth or pregnant
- Low BMI (body mass index)
To have yourself checked or get medical recommendations, you may visit our independent pharmacy in Palm Springs, Florida.
- PREVENTIONThese tips might help reduce the risks of endometriosis:
- Establish an exercise routine of at least four hours a week.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Opt for birth controls with low estrogen levels (but talk to your doctor first).
In some rare cases, endometriosis can be fatal. Nevertheless, proper guidance will help you get the needed attention and care. Our compounding pharmacy in West Palm Beach specializes in preparing doctor-recommended formulations to treat the symptoms and signs of endometriosis.
For details, please reach us at any time.